Social Impact of proposed CSR investment: Why PwD empowerment is important for the country Social Impact
- Shift from PwD being perceived as a burden to a financially independent asset / resource.
For the PwD
- Self Confidence
- Dignity & self-respect
- Financial independence
- Continuous learning
- Skill enhancement
- Career progression
- Inclusion & Mainstreaming of PwD’s @ work.
- Appreciate abilities of PwD’s.
- Creation of a new contributing PwD economy.
- Mainstreaming PwD employment
- PwD Population:26.8 million PwD (As per Census 2011)
- 70 % are in Rural areas
- 52% are illiterate
- 26.8 Mn PwD population is spread across 29 states, 600 districts and 6 lakh villages in India
- 13.4 million PwD’s: in the employable age of 15-59 years
- 14.6 million PwD’s are Literate
- Approximately 9.9 million PwD’s are potential candidates for vocational training & employment
- PwD employment can add up to Rs 10,000 crores (USD $1.50 Billion) every year to the Indian economy.
All donations made to ACE Social Foundation are exempted under section 80G of the Income Tax Act. 50% of your donation amount is eligible for tax exemption. ASF 80G registration number: CIT(E)/Hyd/66(9)/80G/2015-16